Having energy balance in your body is essential for your health. Your energy is a very delicate balance and you become sick or perhaps don’t feel 100% when your energy flows are disturbed or blocked.
Your body functions at its optimum when in energetic balance.
magine someone you know who is really happy and fun to be around. It feels good, it feels safe, their happiness is infectious, you could spend hours in their company. You feel energised, light and alive.
Now imagine someone that complains a lot, is a drama queen, is unhappy and constantly moaning. What does it feel like to be around them? Not so nice is it? I bet you feel tired, miserable, exhausted and uncomfortable. Maybe there’s times you have to go and rest after a phone conversation or a meet up with this person. You don’t feel energised at all.
Chances are this person is an ‘energy vampire’ and they are stealing your energy, happiness and joy.
An energy vampire is someone who cannot sustain their own energy or life force so they feed off others who are at a higher energetic level. They are unhappy and struggle to find the joy within so they seek it outside of themselves.
There’s many energy vampire personalities. For example:
- The Victim – feels the world is against them, they’re constantly moaning or sobbing, trying to feed off other people’s attention.
- The Blamer – always blaming others and not taking responsibility for their own actions. They put the onus on someone else, they hand out guilt, dumping all their crap onto others and dampening down their energy.
- The Drama Queen – looking for attention, acting up. Everything is enhanced to an enormous scale of negative energy thus stealing the energy of others.
- The Charmer – the joker, talker, wanting to be the centre of attention, wanting other people’s energy directed at them.
- The Green Eyed Monster – jealous. Wanting what others have, not happy with what they’ve got, trying to take what’s not theirs.
- The Guilt Tripper – using shame to get what they want from other people.
- The Gossiper – not happy with their own life so looking for drama I other people’s lives.
- The Insecure – pulls others down to their level of low self esteem.
- The Paranoid Android – highly anxious and fearful. Chaotic energy surrounds them causing imbalances in those around them.
As you can see there’s many types of energy vampires. The important thing that I want to point out is that they can be your family, friends, colleagues, neighbours, shop assistants, the person sitting beside you on the bus. It can be well meaning, normal people but in moments of unhappiness, illness or stress their energy can be very low and drain healthy, happy people.
You could also be an energy vampire!
I’ll give you an example of when I was an energy vampire. When I had chronic sinusitis I was very unhappy, I played the victim, was a bit of a drama queen and had very low energy. Around the same time, my partner was having his own health problems and wasn’t in the best of spirits either. I believe the two of us went round and round in circles of draining each other’s energy. Not consciously of course, it just happened. One day he would feel good so I would steal his energy by moaning, being miserable and resentful. Then when I had a good day, he would somehow bring me down to his level. I think this went on for over a year, both of us unconsciously robbing each other of energy.
Then one day I noticed my energy was very low after meeting a friend for lunch, this person was having a particularly difficult time. I had to go home after and get into bed, they had sucked all my energy (which was low to begin with). This incident really opened my eyes it was so draining and I began to note how I felt around other people. That’s when I realised my partner and I had been doing it to each other. My kinesiologist helped me end this by ‘cutting cords of attachment’ (invisible cords that link you to people) and teaching me how to protect and shield myself with light.